Barrie Mortgage Blog
Barrie, Newmarket, Orillia, Simcoe County, Midland, Collingwood, Wasaga Beach Mortgage Broker of Choice
Get the best mortgage rates in Barrie and Orillia: Five tips for Financial Fitness
June 27, 2017 | Posted by: Della Dwyer
When the time is right for you to buy a home in the Barrie or Orillia areas, make sure you are financially fit and eligible for the best possible Barrie mortgage rates. Here are our top five tips to boost your “financial fitness”:
- Whip your credit rating into shape: pay your bills on time, every time. Keep your oldest credit card for its history, and make sure it’s always paid on time. Try not to apply for any new credit if you can.
- Follow the 33% rule. Never run up a credit card or line of credit past 33% of its available limit. If you’ve got a $3,000 limit, then $1,000 is your absolute ceiling.
- Cash is King. Gather up the maximum downpayment possible. The more money you put down on a home, the better it is in the long run for you.
- Be prepared. Put together a file folder with the following: pay stubs, or proof of self-employment income, list of debts and assets, and current bank statements.
The team at Della Dwyer can advise what you’ll need.
- Start a dialogue. Talk to us about your plans. Find out if you can pre-qualify, and ask about how you might qualify for the best possible mortgage rates.
The process of qualifying for a mortgage begins long before you decide to buy a home! But if you make a plan to improve your financial fitness… you’ll have no shortage of lenders willing to compete for your business.
If you need more help or have questions we encourage you to contact us and we'd be more than happy to help you out.