First Time Home Buyers - Do's and Don'ts of Open Houses from Your Barrie Mortgage Broker
March 9, 2016 | Posted by: Della Dwyer
If you are a first time home buyer you will undoubtedly be going to many open houses. Here are some things you might want to consider before heading out the door.
Do's and Don'ts
• An agent at an open house is a professional who is there to provide information, offer a guided tour, and answer any questions; treat him or her with respect.
• If the open house has been listed in the paper or online, or a realty sign is posted out front, there's no need to knock or ring the bell before entering.
• The open-house rep may not be the listing agent but either way, they are in charge.
• If asked to sign a register, do so with your name and contact info.
• If you are already working with an agent, that's okay; just let the agent on site know.
• Don't park in the owner's driveway.
• Wipe your feet on the doormat, especially on a rainy day - better yet remove your shoes!
• If you are a neighbor who is curious about the home, don't waste the agent's time asking information. The open-house information sheet will be available for you to take home.
• Be respectful of the home and its contents, even if it is obviously staged. Always ask permission from the agent if you wish to take photos.
• Never touch personal items in the house or open drawers or closed doors.
• Ask permission before using the bathroom. It's a private home, after all.
• If you don't like what you see avoid saying anything negative while on site and keep looking. As the saying goes, sometimes we have to kiss a lot of frogs before we find the prince. Happy house hunting!
Della Dwyer, is an experienced, dedicated and knowledgeable Barrie Mortgage Broker who is committed to finding you the right mortgage for your circumstance and at the best rates in Barrie. Whether you have found your perfect home or are still looking, feel free to contact Della today to get pre-approved.